Manchester resident? Apply for a free library card by completing the information below! If you are not a resident but want access to the library’s resources or if you have any questions please email us.
How it works:
1. Read patron information, then complete and submit the Library Card registration information below.
2. The account will be created by a Library staff member.
3. After the account has been created, you will receive an email that your card is ready for pick up.
4. You will need to bring a photo ID and address verification at time of pick up.
MANCHESTER-BY-THE-SEA PUBLIC LIBRARY CARD REGISTRATION
Please complete the form below to register for a library card.
MANCHESTER-BY-THE-SEA PUBLIC LIBRARY PATRON INFORMATION
- Public Library membership is based on residency. Manchester-by-the-Sea property taxes support the Library’s operations. Therefore, local identification is required to obtain a Manchester-by-the-Sea Public Library card. For other Massachusetts residents, your hometown public library card will be registered in the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium (MVLC) database.
- When your account is set up, initially your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is the last 4 digits of the phone number you indicated at the time of your Library card registration. To change your PIN or to make other changes to your account, go to www.manchesterpl.org and open My Account from the navigation bar.
- Your Library records and patron information are confidential. A cardholder’s privacy is protected by law, regardless of age. Library staff will only discuss an individual’s account with that person present.
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 266, Section 99A details theft of materials or property from libraries. Willfully concealing and removing library materials or property; charging out materials or property and neglecting to return them is theft and may result in legal action pursuant to this law, as well as permanent suspension of library privileges and/or access to the building for the offender and/or all persons in their residence. Loss of privileges would extend to all libraries in the MVLC Consortium.
- You are responsible for all items checked out on your Library card. DO NOT loan your card unless you are willing to assume that responsibility.
- Those staying with family/friends in Manchester may use their host’s Library card but only with the host’s permission. The card must be presented to check out items. No items will be checked out without the host’s card.
- Please return materials on time and in the same condition as borrowed. When returning compact discs or DVDs, please use the media slot in the book drop on Church Street.
- If you move or lose your Library card, please notify the Library immediately.
- All children, infants to 7 years old, must be accompanied and supervised by a parent, caregiver, or other responsible adult.