- Reference books and archival materials are not loaned.
- The Library reserves the right to limit the number of books on a subject or by one author, due to high demand.
- Non-book materials are limited to 10 per format.
- Museum passes are limited to one per family per day.
- Borrowing privileges may be withheld if you have outstanding Library bills.
- Museum Passes: Until 9:00 AM the next day, except for coupons
- Best Sellers: 1 Week
- DVD’s, Z917 Hotspots, Play-away View, Laptops, Tablets: 1 Week
- T9 Hotspots: 2 weeks
- All other material: 3 Weeks
- Items that can be renewed are automatically renewed.
- Materials may be renewed TWO times if not on reserve.
- Museum passes, DVD’s, HotSpots, games, and other equipment are NOT renewable.
Renewals may be made in person, over the telephone, or via the internet. You need at hand either the barcode on your Library card or on the item you wish to renew. Telephone renewals will be handled as staffing allows, 978-526-7711. Please do not leave phone or email messages for renewals or requests when the Library is closed.
Patrons may renew material over the Internet. Go to MY ACCOUNT at the top of the page. Log in using your Library card number (no spaces) and your PIN number (initially the last four digits of your phone number). If you experience any problems contact the Library at 978-526-7711.
Returning Library Materials
- All materials should be returned to the main desk when the Library is open.
- When the Library is closed, materials may be returned using the book drop at the front door or the book drop on Church Street.
- Please return CDs or books on CD (audiobooks) in the media slot in the Church Street book drop.
- Electronic equipment may NOT be returned in either book drop. There will be a $10 charge for electronic equipment returned in either book drop.
Fines & Fees
- The Manchester-by-the-Sea Public Library does not charge overdue fines. However, having overdue material will stop you from checking out additional material. The staff will renew overdue material as Library policy allows, but not all material may be renewed.
- Overdue items borrowed from a Library that does have fines will result in charges with that Library.
- The Manchester-by-the-Sea Public Library does not accept replacement items for materials that are lost or damaged.
- Lost or damaged material or equipment – original cost
- Lost museum pass – $20